So I just arrived in Paris today. When we drove into the city, I sat on the bus and looked out my window, listening to The Main Theme for the film Ratatouille. Let me tell you I had goose bumps the entire time. It was so difficult to believe I'm actually IN PAIRS.
Paris is most definitely the biggest city I've ever been to, and it's been really overwhelming. First impressions:
-It's true what they say, it's kind of dirty, and I occasionally pick up some really un-pleasant smells. It's also necessary to keep one eye on the ground, and one eye ahead: to watch out for the dog poop.
-The whole pick-pocketing, keep your things close, don't talk to people who ask for money thing is freaking me out. I mean, I know it's not a really dangerous city, but I'm not used to thinking about all those things! I'd like to think I'm usually an easy going person, so I'm making sure I up my game this week.
-I'll be taking the Metro for the first time ever tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes once I resurface.
-L'Arc de Triumph is a lot bigger than I imagined, and surprisingly La Tour Eiffel is a bit smaller? but I haven't seen either up close yet. Just from the window of the bus.
-Lots of people, places, monuments, museums, and things to see. I don't know how I'm going to do it in 5 days. Here goes nothin'!
-I can't wait to get to know the magical Paris. Afterall, Paris Holds the Key to Your Heart...
Pictures soon! I promise. I haven't taken any in Paris yet, but I have tons of others to put up. Probs beginning of next week. Tomorrow...pics of Paris!
Winston-Salem holds the key to my heart.
ReplyDelete