Thursday, September 22, 2011

Hopefully...this will be the second post of many.


So forgive me for not posting again until now. It's been a hectic, crazy, interesting, amazing first 3.5 weeks here in France. I say France, and not Dijon because out of the last 22 days, I've probs been in Dijon for 8 of them? This month we've been learning about the history of France and after each new period of time (ie. Roman, Gothic, Renaissance, ect...) we get to "experience" first hand what we were reading in our textbook. Which actually means we're traveling ALL OVER the place. I'm not complaining or anything, don't get me wrong! But boy have we been busy. Usually averaging 2.5 tours a day, with lots of eating, and a little napping on the bus here and there. Not a lot of time to sit down and reflect on the 300+ photos I took that day. I hope to post about each place soon, once we finish all our traveling and classes start at the University. For now, here's a GENERAL list of where I've been! (Ideally, this is a list of what's to come on this awesome blog of mine!) 

1st trip - PROVENCE - Where we saw Archaeological treasures, Roman ruins, Gallo-Roman sites and some really old churches. We pretty much covered 17,000 BC ~ 500 AD on the French time-line in 5 days. Also, I walked the streets of the most amazing Market ever, and consumed some incredibly delicious food. 

2nd trip - BURGUNDY - Romanesque churches abound!! We started covering the Medieval era (500 AD ~ 12th century) and ate some more delicious food! Also, the wine wasn't half bad. JOKE!

3rd trip - NORMANDY - Where we saw about 2846283 Medieval Gothic cathedrals from somewhere between (12th century ~ 15th century). Did you know there was more than one Notre-Dame in France? Yeah, I saw like 4. Also visited Omaha Beach (WWII) - more on that later...

En Route (French for right now) - LOIRE VALLEY/PARIS - Yeah, you heard me right. This trip is a biggie. We're in the Loire Valley right now, visiting all the Cheateaux. Next, we travel some of the Impressionist Circut (where Monet created his best work) and after that...PARIS FOR 6 DAYS!!! Can't wait. 


I have so many pictures, I don't even know where to begin. For now, check out my facebook for some of Provence and Normandy. And to wet your appetite, here's two from yesterday, Le Chateau de Chambord. 








More to come. I'm making Molly hold me to it. (She's my roommate for all hotel stays - she's ruthless)
A tout a l'heur! (See you soon!)

2 comments:

  1. That's great, Mary! It looks like you're having an awesome time. Love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to many more pictures and posts, have fun taking and making them.

    ReplyDelete